Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Learning new stuff

I love taking classes and learning new things. Over a month ago (Yes, I'm a little bit behind) I got to take a class with Joni Russell at Stamp Asylum in Plano. It was great, although it bordered on information overload at times. But that's okay, I'd much rather have too much information than not enough. We hammered metal and played with a butane torch and stamped letters and saw a demonstration of metal etching - and did I mention playing with the torch? I've never done anything like this before. I mostly stick to bead stringing and wire wrapping. But I can't wait for a chance to do it again.

Here's the necklace we made:



A few things didn't work out quite right for me - the hole in the heart is supposed to have resin and glitter in it, but mine kept leaking out during the baking process. And on one piece, when we were stamping the letters, I picked up the wrong one, and instead of saying "Life is good" it says "Life is goob." But for my first time playing with any of this stuff, I think it's not half bad. And most importantly, I had a great time doing it.

What new things have you learned lately? Or what new things do you plan to learn in the near future?

All posts and pictures, unless otherwise specified, are copyright Pink Fish Designs. Feel free to share what you find here, but please give us credit and link back to our blog/site. Questions/Comments? Contact us.

1 comment:

  1. What FUN! I love the look! Keep at it!

    http://chris-wrinn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete