Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

What I'm working on...

I've been working on a new necklace for a while now. I don't think it should really be this hard, but my real job has been busy, and we've had some family stuff going on, and I've been spending a lot of my time online, trying to figure out how to promote our business, hoping that if enough people see our stuff, more of them may buy it. Anyway, I had the idea for this necklace months ago, when I found these cool beads at a local bead store, Beading Dreams, and bought them at their half off sale. They're called dogtooth or chevron amethyst, and they're amethyst that formed with calcite, giving them bands of white and brown. Some of the beads are almost solid purple, and some have hardly any purple at all, but I love that variation between them.

Dogtooth Amethyst Beads, round, square & nugget shaped, being made into a necklace.
I searched and searched online until I found the perfect clasp for it, a sterling silver heart shaped toggle clasp with an amethyst accent, from a seller called Jazzy Jewels and Collectibles on Artfire. And finally(!), I actually started working on it.

Part of the necklace. You can see the part of the heart shaped toggle clasp on the left side of the picture.
I hope to finish it up this week and have it listed soon. I hope it looks as good in real life as what I've been picturing in my head all this time!

Also, I've been busy lining up vintage sellers on Artfire to participate in Vintage Thursdays, and I've got one lined up for this Thursday, Hand Me Down Treasures. Go check out her store, she's got some really neat stuff, and be sure to come back on Thursday to read her interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment